Since using Young Living Lime essential oil worked so well in my Peruvian Chicken recipe, I decided to try using Young Living’s Citrus Fresh essential oil blend in my Cornmeal Coated Pan Fish recipe. My recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com (Sabryson, n.d.). Once again, this substitution tasted great! I plan on trying Young Living Lemon essential oil in this recipe next time.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 drops Young Living Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- 4 fish fillets (we used Bluegill)
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and Citrus Fresh essential oil. Add fish fillets, and marinate 5 minutes. Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cornmeal and flour. Season with paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, thyme and cayenne pepper. Coat fish in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry fish fillets in hot oil until golden brown.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.